Friday, December 16, 2016

Angel Somewhere




Angel Somewhere

It doesn't feel like you could paste a fake smile on my face
With all I've conquered you'd think I'd have one to embrace
But once again things turn around
And instead it feels I'm tumbling down

My shattered feelings can look 'no one in the face no more
As for I'm out of touch in life; what is this craziness for?
Down deep the roaring Lions have fiercely cut right out of me
The perturbed parts of my brain which wouldn't let me be 

Am I ever gonna make it out?

When can I make sense and show it?
When can I feel the true me will fit?
When can I get thru the wrong to see the right?
Can you see me barely living morning to night?

Where am I at, on this tough, winding road?
I see so much bright & beautiful beyond my overload
Is that baby blue sky falling ? Or the troubled earth just rising?
I keep rubbing my eyes to see if this is real or just haunting?

I think all see this tragedy isn't my place in life to be
Living thru answered prayers that turned into catastrophe
As if good is really evil and evil is Devine
Then why did I have a heart to set on His Line?

Time keeps loudly screaming, I keep silently staring
Deep in my soul there's something I just shouldn't be bearing
Cause I shouldn't have to be lost long in order just to find
A piece of me so grey and silent with very little in my mind

When can I make sense and show it?
When can I feel the true me will fit?
When can I get thru the wrong to see the right?
Can you see me barely living morning to night?

I don't know how long this fragile moment will take
Feels like my heart is damaged putting all my love at stake
Go back to and be that angel many saw in you
'Heather the angel' , girl, you have a lot to do

But today is a grey day that won't lead me to thrive
Yes I hear a faint tick in my heart and know that I'm alive
But today isn't the day I change, probably not tomorrow
All around me seems so deep and far, not dark in my sorrow

Sooner or later as I walk on this thin rope
I'll turn to ask myself if I have any ounce of hope
If I have hope, maybe this monkey will be set free 
To come down from that rope, far down to find the true me

I'll hang on as this desert sun goes down
I'll think of Pennsylvania never coming back 'round
Everything I saw will always be in my head
Nothing's changed much, my brain is frozen instead

Hetty Siebens 2012

2 comments:

  1. You came thru it, shining like a beacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you to one of my dearest friends in the world!!!!!!! Much love Bruce!!!!!!

      Delete